At Bannerwise, we believe that safeguarding personal data is of paramount importance in the execution of our activities. Therefore, we want to give you clear and transparent insight into how we process personal data while using the website and Bannerwise Services (i.e. the Editor and Ad Server). With respect to the Services, we are member of the Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) Netherlands.
When processing personal data, we hold to the rules and regulations as stated in the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
We have assigned a Data Protection Officer for any kind of inquiries related to our GDPR efforts, who can be contacted by email at email@example.com.
There are various purposes for Bannerwise to gather, store, and process personal data, all aimed at maintaining and improving our level of support.
Security of personal data
Bannerwise ensures adequate security of the personal data that it holds, in line with the applicable legal requirements and guidelines.
Contact data storage limitation
We gather personal data when a person is:
- Subscribing to our blog and/or news updates.
- Signing up for webinars and/or internal events.
- Requesting access to gated content assets.
- Requesting a trial or live demo.
- Purchasing licenses and additional Products and Services.
- Communicating with our Client Services departments.
- Working in our Editor and/or visiting our website.
- Serving advertisement hosted by the Bannerwise Ad Server.
We process personal data when:
- Working in our Editor, for personalization and user experience optimization purposes.
- Serving advertisement hosted by our Ad Server, for reporting purposes.
- Following up on correspondences (live chat, email or phone inquiries).
- Informing clients about product and blog updates via owned media.
- Executing internal analyses for product development, market research, and user behavior research.
- Applying remarketing and display advertising features within Google Analytics and Google Ads, as well as platforms like Facebook, LinkedIn and Adroll. We collect the data to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on someone's past visits to our website
The following personal data is gathered and processed:While visiting our website and using the Editor.
- When purchasing a license, specific payment-related information is required to enable the purchase.
- When adding additional users to an existing account, we require the following user details: First name, last name and email address.
- User activity, such as login frequency, via Intercom. This will help us to understand user engagement within the Editor, enabling us to anticipate on a potential need for support.
- Email and phone communications.
- Support requests created and resolved, via Intercom.
- Chat threads, via Intercom.
- We require a form completion, containing first name, last name, email address, phone number, company name, company type and job title before we send the activation link.
- Subscribing and unsubscribing from blog and product updates. Hubspot and Mailchimp are the tools used to manage the subscription process.
- Email opens and clicks. Both Hubspot and Mailchimp are used to record this.
- For subscribing to webinars and gated content, we require the following contact details: First name, last name, email address and phone number.
- We use Fullstory to monitor user-specific data, but only when we have a client’s opt-in in place.
The following non identified data is gathered and processed:
While visiting our website and using the Editor.
- We gather anonymized data with Google Analytics.
- We have Google, Linkedin, Adroll, Facebook and Quora tracking pixels in place to serve ads to former site visitors anonymously.
- Tracking clicks, impressions and interactions.
- The user agent string of the user agent (Browser name and version).
- HTTP Request Headers (URL and URL params).
Bannerwise does not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer personal data to outside parties for commercial, charitable, or idealistic purposes. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this data confidential. We may also release your data when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect our or others’ rights, property, or safety.
Right to access
You have the right to request information about the personal data we hold on you at any time. You can contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will provide you with your personal data via email.
Right to portability
Whenever we process your personal data by automated means based on your consent or based on an agreement, you have the right to get a copy of your data transferred to you or to another party. This only includes the personal data you have submitted to us.
Right to rectification
You have the right to request rectification of your personal data if the data is incorrect, including the right to have incomplete personal data completed.
Users within a Bannerwise account can edit their personal data, account data, and payment details in the profile, account, and store section.
Right to erasure
You have the right to erase any personal data processed by us at any time except for the following situations:
- You have an ongoing matter with customer support.
- You have an unsettled debt with us, regardless of the payment method.
- If you are suspected of misusing or have misused our services within the last four years.
- Your debt has been sold to a third party within the last three years or one year for deceased customers.
- Your credit application has been rejected within the last three months.
- If you have made any purchase, we will keep your personal data in connection with your transaction for bookkeeping purposes.
Your right to object to processing based on legitimate interest
You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data that is based on our legitimate interest. We will not continue to process the personal data unless we can demonstrate legitimate grounds for the process which overrides your interest and rights or due to legal claims.
Your right to object to direct marketing
You have the right to object to direct marketing. You can opt-out from direct marketing by following the instructions in each marketing email.
Right to restriction
You have the right to request that we restrict the process of your personal data under the following circumstances:
- If you object to a processing based on our legitimate interest, we shall restrict all processing of such data pending the verification of the legitimate interest.
- If you have a claim that your personal data is incorrect, we must restrict all processing of such data pending the verification of the accuracy of the personal data.
- If the processing is unlawful you can oppose the erasure of personal data and instead request the restriction of the use of your personal data instead.
- If we no longer need the personal data but it is required by you to defend legal claims.
How can you exercise your rights?
We take data protection very seriously and therefore we have dedicated customer support personnel to handle your requests in relation to your rights stated above. You can always reach them a email@example.com.
Right to complain to a supervisory authority
If you consider us to process your personal data in an incorrect way you can contact us. You also have the right to raise a complaint to a supervisory authority.
Do we use 'cookies'?
Yes. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser.
What are cookies used for?
Cookies are also used to help us understand your preferences based on previous or current site activity, which enables us to provide you with improved services.
Your cookie consent and cookies
Complaint or remark about the use of personal data
We do our utmost to ensure the security of your personal data. However, if you do have a complaint or remark about our use of your personal data, because you feel that we don’t handle your personal data carefully or because you have requested access to or correction of your personal data, but are not satisfied with the response, please let us know via firstname.lastname@example.org so we can take appropriate action.
Updates to this Policy
Amsterdam, Noord-Holland 1051LG